Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eureka!






We're in Eureka, MT. today was a semi-rest day...we rode 30 miles from Rocky Gorge campsite along Lake Kancanusa...a 90 mile long lake which goes up to Canada. We're still with the 6 guys we met the first night. We're staying at a motel tonight, showers are nice! We're catching up on the World Cup on TV.
Our "easy" day was not that easy, long climbs...We walked into town and back, about 3 miles. There were some cute little shops and restaurants. We got some groceries.
There isn't much to the town, but it's surrounded by mountains.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Therese - it doesn't sound like much of a rest day:) And then to watch the US lose to Ghana . . . I know that certainly wasn't restful for me.

    I just looked at the map, and I see that you are just about to enter the Great Plains of Montana. Here's wishing for strong tailwinds and open roads! Be well, and keep writing. I am really enjoying following your journey (and I am only a little envious:)).

    ReplyDelete